Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WhoÂ’s going to the Rose Bowl?

WhoÂ’s going to the Rose Bowl to watch USC and Texas on January the 4th? We will be there January 3rd through the 5th anyone else from the boards going to be there?
    Fight On

anyone?

Desert Rat
    Wish I was but the scalpers want way too much!!! :cry: Besides the beer is cheaper at home and the parking is easier... With that said do you have any extra tickets?

No extra tickets here. I am part of Cardinal and Gold which is a donor club to help provide scholarships to student athletes. I have five tickets all season long but when it comes to the Championship game they only give me the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets. With the prices these guys are getting for tickets I am almost tempted to sell. However, I have had season tickets for over 10 years and I look at it like itÂ’s time to enjoy these years. I remember the games when the best thing about the game was the band. If I were you I would try to pick up tickets at the game a couple of my friends are going to try. In 1996 we played Northwestern in the Rose Bowl I had tickets but my buddy didnÂ’t he bought his there and only paid $15. You will be surprised how many tickets are for sale when you get to the game.

Dumb ass question ... why is the Rose Bowl Jan 4 this year? Most people will be going back to work on Jan 3.

Jan 4 is a Wed.

I just remembered it always being on the 1st or 2nd which this chart shows... http://espn.go.com/abcsports/bcs/rose/history.html with the exception of 2002. So the 4th didn't make much sense to me (still the case), not following college football closely.

Dumb ass question ... why is the Rose Bowl Jan 4 this year? Most people will be going back to work on Jan 3.
    Before the 1998 season the four bowl games Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange all joined to create the BCS. The BCS was created to try and create a true championship game between number 1 and number 2 teams. These bowl games all alternate between each other for the right to hold the championship game thus, this year the Rose Bowl is the championship game not the traditional PAC 10 against the BIG 10 Rose Bowl game and it is held later in January than the traditional Rose Bowl.

AltarGirl
    A guy I work with was at our office online at 7:45 am & had his cell ready to call for them. He was online & going through the buying process & couldn't get any b/c they sold out in less than 1 min he said. :2purples:
    Sounds like it will be one giant party!

The Rose Bowl reserves (so I was told) about 500 tickets for sale to Pasadena residence. My buddy showed up there to buy tickets and there were about 7,000 fans eager to purchase tickets and of course he had no luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast